Sunday, August 15, 2010

Worship!

I have always loved to sing! I can remember singing with my mom when I was younger and her love for music as well. My grandma can be found at any moment to be humming a tune! I don’t think she goes an hour without singing. Needless to say, I think this passion for singing has been passed down. Recently through this internship, it has been brought to my attention that God MADE me to worship. WHOA-- I just thought it was something I loved, but it is actually how God formed me (and ALL of us!). No wonder I feel so “at home” when I am singing and worshiping God, it’s because this is when I am closest to Him. I love that this is a time to sit at His throne and experience Him. Not only do I love this, but He delights in me singing to Him. What a special reality that God adores when His children praise His name, lift Him up and exalt Him above everything else… distractions, entertainment, any cares of this world that can take our attention from Him. A relationship with God is not just a one-way street where we ask things from God and He gives them to us, and neither is worship, but it is one of the greatest pleasures! I love praising Him, He loves when I worship Him, He then showers me with praises and promises as well which I in turn love! The back and forth exchange makes my heart happy and brings true JOY to my soul!

I know some people say, “I can’t sing” but this is so not true, God is HAPPY when we take time out of our busy schedules to devote to praise Him. To hear the voice of His children speaking to Him brings pleasure!! Worship is not only singing, but there are other things He considers worship to Him-basically making sacrifices (of time, engagements/meetings, money, desires, etc.) and giving them to Him in return and saying, “Lord, what do you want me to do with this?!”

Music is something that almost everyone enjoys! My friend Monica and I were discussing this and she pointed out that fact that we never ask people, “Do you like music?” We ask, “What kind of music do you like?” I believe music will be one of the GREATEST ways that God touches people in this generation as well as use them to usher in His return!! I have had moments where it was like God was speaking straight to me through music. On my birthday, I was in the prayer room where there is always music going on (12hr/day) when one of the musicians was singing a song that said, “God gives His children good gifts”, and I felt God whisper, “This song is for you!” This was one of my favorite GIFTS that day! My pastor once said that five minutes of worshiping God can sometimes do more than five years spent working through depression. Music has power and I believe that music with a focus on God can bring healing to the lost, hopeless, and hurting! One day, we will be in His kingdom and get to spend eternity with the King of Kings, praising His name forever, but right now… on earth… we have the ability experience His kingdom by worshiping Him-- after all, we were made to WORSHIP!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kelsey!I was so blessed by your blog! It seems like you are right where God wants you! It is amazing how the Lord is already speaking to you so vividly through music. Isn't He awesome that way... reaching out to us in ways that affirm that He knows each of us so well! I love the intimacy I share with Him. He is so kind and gentle! He loves on us so much daily, that it is amazing to know that we have the honor of blessing Him back and loving on Him in return! I am glad that all is going well for you! You are constantly in our thoughts and prayers. May God continue to unfold His divine plan for your life as you submit your entire being to Him!
    With Much Love,
    Misty & Lawrence

    ReplyDelete