Monday, August 2, 2010

Here We GO!

This ADVENTURE is off to a Great start!! There are 5 of us interns (3 girls-2 guys). I found out that the number 5 means “grace” in Hebrew. God has definitely shown us (interns and leaders) a lot of grace thus far! The 3 of us girls (Kirsten, Monica and I) live in an apartment together where we sleep in the same room furnished with bunk beds-which has been quite the change of pace, but I love it! I couldn’t have asked for better roommates and we have quickly become a close-knit family and I feel right at home here!

It has been a wonderful learning experience so far. Each day begins with a lesson/teaching-we grab a cup of coffee, our bibles and a notebook and soak up all of the goodness for those two glorious hours! The biggest part of the week is spent in the prayer room where we pray for different nations, etc. as well as spend time in the word and sit at the throne for some sweet praise and worship! We’ve also had mentorship time with Dick Eastman whom I adore, gone to chapel and worked with the EHC Staff, done team building exercises (we went on a scavenger hunt where the natives were blindfolded and the interns from out of state led us around downtown Colorado Springs-it was actually a lot of fun). At the end of every day I am exhausted by how much I have been stretched, learned and grown, but each new day starts with a yearning to know more and more!!

We are all very excited about helping with Northern Churches Care which is an outreach here in the community that has a food bank as well as services those with difficult health and living situations. We will serve there once a week, hopefully doing praise and worship/prayer for those that are down in spirit and as well as to minister and listen to their stories. Every day is different, but I walk into each one expecting that God will meet me right where I am and continue to reveal who He is to me! He’s showing me so much, and my prayer is that He would continue to expand my capacity to learn all that is being revealed! It’s so nice to feel at peace as I get to rest in God’s hands in the place where He has called me!

No comments:

Post a Comment