Thursday, June 30, 2011

Conqueror :)




Romans 8:37-39-In all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Today will go down in history as a day, I (with the Help of the Lord) conquered one of MY fears... heights! My friend Tony took me ROCK CLIMBING! It was a sweet time with the Lord. I was leaning on the Rock, TRUSTING Him!! Tony was super patient and a great leader, but it was such an AMAZING reminder of who the Lord is (Trustworthy, dependable, faithful, just to give a few) and it solidified the truth that when we're abiding in Him, fear must leave :)

After this, we went on a short hike and found ourselves among some cacti that were in bloom... I had this thought of how we often times can see ourselves like a cactus, warding everyone off, in fear of others seeing our thorns, our weaknesses, our brokenness thinking, "stay away, only come so far, watch out, I'm full of thorns..." But really feeling how the Lord sees the BEAUTIFUL blooming flower amongst the prickly thorns! He sees the end from the beginning, we see our faults and our ugliness, He sees us as we are before Him, beautiful, delightful, beloved ones.

Song of Solomon 2:2--Like a lily among thorns, so is my true love among the young women.

No comments:

Post a Comment