Monday, July 19, 2010

Ready or not...

"Ready or not, here I come!"
Looking back on one of my favorite childhood games of Hide and Seek, I can still recall the feelings of anxiousness and excitement as I would scramble to quickly find a hiding place in hopes that I would not be found by the person searching all of us out. Now as I face a new adventure in starting my internship at theWall, these words popped into my head, and I wonder if we're ever "ready" for things in this life... I mean, do we ever feel "ready" to take a big test, start a new job, make a big move, get married, have a baby, or tackle any of life's challenges?! It seems as if there's always that feeling of more needs to be done before ________.

Well... here I am less than a week before my internship starts and... I'm not "ready"... my house isn't even all packed up, YIKES... but how many times in our lives do we miss the things God has planned for us because we're too busy getting things in line or making sure areas are set to a certain standard before we start something new or make a commitment. Too often we feel we have to get right before God before stepping into the places He wants us. I don't believe that's God's heart at all... He wants us to go after Him, to search Him out, and He meets us EXACTLY where we are, He LOVES when we seek His face and His will. We don't have to have everything in order, all He wants is for us to say "Yes God, here I am, I am yours, your will is my will." Let us not wait until we're "ready"...

Even though I enter this new chapter in life with many uncertainties, I know one thing for sure-I don't want to miss where God has called me to be and what he has called me to do!! I look forward to going deeper with God, to falling more in love with the one who took my place on the cross and died for all of my sins so that I might Know Him and be in relationship with Him for all of eternity...

So here I am, a watchman, right where God has placed me...at theWall

Isaiah 62: 6-7--I have posted watchmen on your walls, O Jerusalem, they will never be silent day or night. You who call on the Lord give yourselves no rest, and give him no rest till he establishes Jerusalem and makes her the praise of the earth.

**www.thewallinternship.com

4 comments:

  1. Yay! LooOOOooOOve your blog! Love that verse! Love being a watchman! LOVE YOU!

    God has great and amazing things planned for you!! And I can wait to watch them unfold...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so ready! God has a wonderful plan for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. fyi- I meant... I can'T wait to watch... hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha thanks Jenn :) and... I just noticed that I was signed in when my friend Misty made the other comment so it looks like I told myself I was ready, haha--I don't know if I'm cut out for this blogging business!!

    ReplyDelete